Memorandum Of Understanding
The main purpose of this MOU is to establish an understanding between
the Portal and the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER, wherein the HOMEMAKER/
HOMEBAKER procures raw materials and prepares food/items, dish/s and/or
material/s against orders received from Customers through the Portal.
The Portal Advertises, Markets, Promotes, Sells and delivers the said
food/items, dish/s or material/s to the customer who places such
order/s through the Portal. The purpose of this agreement is to
maintain a relationship with the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER and to set clear
terms and/of responsibilities for each entity.
General Process Understanding
- The Portal will be up, live and available online to accept
orders from customers every day of the week from 7 AM and will
continue till and close at 10:30 PM IST.
- For the orders thus accepted, the deliveries will begin from
11 AM and will continue till and end at 11 PM IST.
- On successfully signing up on/with the portal, the
HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER shall update his/her profile and menu listing
with all information required therein.
- The portals executives shall fix a mutually convenient time
with the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER to visit their home and kitchen before
authorizing the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER and bringing them live on the
- On successful registration on/with the Portal, the HOMEMAKER
/HOMEBAKER has to regularly update his/her menu listing as to price
of Food/Dish/Item/Materials/Products and minimum time required for
preparing/making each Food/Dish/Item/Materials/Products he/she
intends to list on the menu featuring in his/her registered account
with the Portal.
- It is advisable that the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER keeps the
Prices/Rates of his/her Food/Dish/Item/Materials/Products on the
Portal in accordance with the market forces
(Hotels/Restaurants/Caterers) to remain competitive and to enjoy good
- HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER has the option to be seen active or
inactive on the Portal by which he/she declares himself/herself
ready/prepared or not prepared, to accept orders during the aforesaid
working hours of the Portal.
- On a customer successfully placing an order, HOMEMAKER/
HOMEBAKER receives a message on his/her mobile number registered with
- After a customer successfully places an order on the Portal,
the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER has to accept or reject the order within 15
- The HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER will have to provide a valid reason
to reject an order placed on him/her when he/she is seen as active on
- On accepting an order the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER has to
prepare/make and keep ready the food in containers provided to the
HOMEMAKER by the Portal and in the case of HOMEBAKERS, in their own
suitable containers and/or boxes, within the minimum time required
he/she has indicated in his/her menu listing against each
Food/Dish/Item/Materials/Products, and handover the same to the
delivery executive, who arrives at HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKERs home for pick
- Any damage to the product once the order has been picked up
by HomeFoodMom delivery executive will be compensated by paying 100%
of the package cost amount to the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER by HomeFoodMom.
- It is advisable that the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER diligently
prepares/makes and keeps the Food/Dish/Item/Materials/Products
readily packed in specific containers provided by the Portal, fifteen
minutes prior to the arrival of the Portals delivery executive for
- For all cash on delivery (COD) orders, the HOMEMAKER/
HOMEBAKER will be paid cash by the delivery Executive as per the
price on his/her menu listing which includes the Portals margin
percentage in value terms.
- All online payments made by customers using debit/credit
cards and Internet banking will use the Portals payment gateways and
make payments through the Portal for orders placed.
- The COD payments received by the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER and the
payments received online by the Portal against each individual
HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER order shall be tallied and the difference paid
to/collected from/reimbursed to individual HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER as is
the case may be, once in every fifteen (15) days.
- Every HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER would have a virtual Valet in their
account registered with the Portal. Payment against their orders
executed COD/online will feature in the virtual valet.
- The virtual Valet will give details of the value HOMEMAKER/
HOMEBAKER has to pay the Portal against COD transactions made by
customers and what the Portal has to pay the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER
against transactions made by customers online.
- All payment made by the Portal to the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER
shall be paid into/transferred to the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKERs bank
account as per details, which the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER has to provide
while registering on/with the Portal.
- The Quality, Quantity and Hygiene of the food cooked,
made and/or produced is/will be the sole responsibility of the
individual HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER who prepares the particular food which
is delivered to the costumers through the Portal.
- The HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER agrees to maintain and practice such
standards of Good Quality and Hygiene to avoid and safeguard
against any related legal implications by the customers when coming
onboard the Portal.
- The Portal shall not be held responsible for any complaints
and/or legal implications/action initiated by any entity arising out
of Inferior quality, quantity and/or unhygienic food or
material/s prepared and made available by Home Makers and delivered
to the customers by the Portal.
- The Portal construes that who so ever registers/comes onboard
as Home Makers and would like to use/utilize or enjoy the functions
provided by the Portal, possess, have obtained or are in the process
of obtaining the requisite Approvals, Licenses, NOCs and
Permissions to carry out such business, as per rules and regulations
set by the appropriate authorities time to time.
Responsibilities of HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER
- The HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER will at all times maintain a clean
and hygienic kitchen/workplace for preparing food against orders
received from customers through the Portal.
- HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER will not use stale, spoilt and date
expired raw materials to prepare food.
- The Portal reserves the right to inspect HOMEMAKER/ HOMEBAKER
kitchen without any prior notice or permission to ensure the sanctity
of deliverables to customers placing orders through the Portal.
- HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER will keep a track of the containers
provided by the Portal, and request for additional containers as and
- The HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER agrees to use only the containers
provided by the Portal to package food against orders received
through the Portal.
- HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER agrees not use the containers provided by
Portal for any personal use whatsoever.
- HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER is expected to diligently pack
appropriate food/items in appropriate containers provided by the
Portal, and in case of HOMEBAKERS, in appropriate containers and
boxes of their choice.
- The Portals delivery executives will not pick up the
Food/Dish/Item/Materials/Products for delivery if packed in any other
container other than provided by the Portal and if the HomeFoodMom
stickers are not pasted/displayed on to the containers /boxes used by
- HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER is expected to have the legally required
permits and licenses to sell food on the Portal.
- HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER is expected to maintain utmost care while
preparing vegetarian and non-vegetarian Food/Dish/Item/
Materials/Products, so as to store them separately, and indicate with
appropriate sticker on the container marking them to be vegetarian
- HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER will not resell food from any
outside/third party source through the Portal. Food should be
prepared at their homes by HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER or his/her accomplice.
The Portal will charge a fixed margin of 10% for the services offered
to the HOMEMAKER registering on the Portal, on every item ordered by
the customer online and/or against Cash on Delivery which shall be used
for Marketing, Advertizing, Selling, offering Discounts, Providing
Containers. This percentage margin shall be fixed, and the Portal
reserves the right to change/alter/tweak the same giving a 15 days
prior notice to the HOMEMAKER.
The Portal will charge a fixed margin of 8% for the services
offered to the HOMEBAKER registering on the Portal, on every item
ordered by the customer online and/or against Cash on Delivery which
shall be used for Marketing, Advertizing, Selling, offering Discounts.
This percentage margin shall be fixed, and the Portal reserves the
right to change/alter/tweak the same giving a 15 days prior notice to
- HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKERs shall have the liberty to edit /update
the prices of food, Dishes/Items and/or Material listed in his/her
menu listing on the Portal
- HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER will not reject any order, after
acceptance in lieu of any sudden fluctuation in the price of raw
material in the market.
- HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER is expected to indicate his/her
visibility on the Portal, as per his/her convenience and ability to
- The HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER shall fulfil all orders accepted and
confirmed by him/her, and shall not reject orders post acceptance.
- In situations beyond the control of an individual HOMEMAKER/
HOMEBAKER, if he/she has to reject an order due to genuine
unavoidable circumstances, the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER is expected to
promptly inform the Portal well in advance.
- In such situations the Portal shall speak to the concerned
customer on behalf of the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER only for the very first
instance and ensure to provide the said customer satisfactory service
by placing orders with alternative HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER.
- If a HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER tends to be habitual of refusing
orders after being active on the Portal and consequently rejecting
the order, are liable to incur a fine of Rs. 200/ - per instance for
the first two instances and could stand to be blacklisted from the
- HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER agrees to pay the Portal, the difference
of COD amount and online amount; in case the value of COD order is
more than online order.
- Such payments shall be paid into the Portals bank account
bearing number 259763695950 with IndusInd Bank, Bhandarkar Road
Branch, Pune (411 004).
- The Portal agrees to pay the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER, the
difference of On-line amount and COD amounts, in case the value of
On-line order is more than COD order.
- Such payments shall be paid to the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKERS bank
account as per the details provided by the HOMEMAKER/ HOMEBAKERS
while registering with the Portal.
- The HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKERS shall ensure that the bank account
details provided while registering with the portal are verified and
correct so that, money transferred to their accounts gets credited
without any hassle. The Portal shall not be held responsible for any
discrepancies/delays arising out of any incorrect/incomplete bank
account details/information provided.
- The HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER will not try to contact the customers
directly or indirectly from the Portal.
- In the event a HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER or the Portal decides to
terminate her/his/an association with the Portal, dues if any, of
either party, shall be settled within 45 working days after the
system updation(s) needed as to terminating the said account is/are
- This understanding can be terminated by either party by
giving a 15 days written notice.
- For the smooth working and proper functioning of the Portal,
the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER agrees to keep the contents of this MOU and
/any or all issues arising there of strictly confidential and not
post or replicate it to any person or online in any form what so
- This MOU shall be governed by the laws in India and shall be
subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Pune. Any
dispute or difference arising out of this MOU shall be resolved
amicably between the parties, and the decision of the Portal will be
final. If not so it should be referred to a sole arbitrator according
to the Arbitration and the Conciliation Act 1996 that the Sole
Arbitrator should be appointed by the portal and the award passed by
the sole arbitrator shall be binding on both the parties.
- Not abiding by the above agreement may result in blacklisting
the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER and he/she may be barred from registering on
the Portal ever again.
- This Memorandum of Understanding is the complete agreement
between the Portal and the HOMEMAKER/HOMEBAKER and is subject to
change without prior notice.